Autumn Delight: Pears and Plums in Grape Must
This recipe is the perfect expression of autumn flavors! Pears and plums transform into a delicious and fragrant compote, slowly cooked in grape must, with a touch of cloves and bay leaves. Here's how to make it.
- 4 ripe pears
- 200g fresh plums
- 300ml grape must
- 4-5 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- Sugar to taste (depending on desired sweetness)
- Peel and slice the pears into thick pieces.
- Cut the plums in half and remove the pits.
- In a pot, pour thegrape must and add the pears, plums, cloves, and bay leaves.
- Add sugar to your personal taste (remember that grape must is naturally sweet).
- Cook on low heat for about 30-40 minutes or until the fruit has softened, and the mixture has thickened.
- Remove the bay leaves and cloves. Allow it to cool slightly before serving.
Add a sprinkle of cinnamon or a dusting of powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.